Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ghosts!!!


One of Elias's most favoritest thing in all the world is meringue.  I only make it a few times a year, because it is mostly sugar, and because he cant stop himself from eating the whole lot of them in one day!  I make it at chirstmas, when I make the yule log, and what grows on the log but meringue mushrooms! I LOVE making the mushrooms. And for halloween, I make meringue ghosts.  Because, the kids don't get enough sugar from the candy they collect from strangers...

Meringue Ghosts:

4 largeeggwhites (120 grams)
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup (200 grams) superfine or castersugar(if you don't have superfine sugar simply take 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar and process it for about 30 seconds in afoodprocessor)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract



Read more:http://www.joyofbaking.com/halloweenrecipes/MeringueGhosts.html#ixzz1cHJog4ge

No comments:

Post a Comment