Monday, December 26, 2011

inside and out

inside
There was not as much holiday baking as last year, when I made the fabulous Buche de Noel, cookies, crescent rolls, etc.  But, I did manage to squeak out a chocolate cake for our solstice celebration.  Atticus may have helped...



It was dark and beautiful.



Elias has been busy.  I don't think he left his room for two days, except to eat and use the bathroom. 


He created little animals and characters and even invented a game to play with them.


I surprised everyone on Christmas eve with some peppermint bark





And of course there was music


Out

And I am dreaming of the summer garden.  So much work to do in the spring.  But, for now, I just observe my little piece of the world as winter unfolds.



1 comment:

  1. "Celebrating being alive is the essence of a spiritual experience."

    ReplyDelete