Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Caipirinha

I was lucky enough to be taken out to dinner by my darling husband.  We had a groupon to a restaurant that specializes in South American food.  And it was GOOD!  
Date night is very important for my marriage.  I love getting out with Wade to talk, and of course I love to eat food prepared by professionals, and someone else doing the dishes.  
Groupon has helped us get out for cheeper, because we also have a babysitter to pay for, which can make date night too expensive to do.  However, I think it is worth it. 

We started with Caipirinha, which is rum (I think) soaked in sugar cain for a day or two, and served with mint. Or something like that. It was the best part of the meal.  Then we had arepas, which is corn flour shaped into cakes and grilled, then sliced open and filled. Ours was filled with all kinds of pulled meats and sauces that were wonderful.  Is that vague enough? Wade and I could not keep what we ordered straight, there were so many combinations of yucca, plantains, corn, avocado, chicken, beef, fish, potatoes, we just got confused. plus, these guys were singing beautiful music in my ear; 


This was like a pretty potato salad with some chicken in the middle.


Although this looks funny, it was soooo darn good.  It is a churro, which is delicious fried dough with carmel inside, sugar outside, and whipped cream.  I think I ate it all even though I was sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment